In my own personal psychological warefare each week, I find that Thursday is REALLY tough for me. And it is tough for a number of reasons. My schedule Sunday – Wednesday is really packed each week, so by Thursday I am sometimes fried. Don’t get me wrong, I love my ‘creative life‘ and love my home life, but my little brain can only chug along the track for too long before I need a mental rest.
This is the difficult part of forming new habits. This week, I’m trying to form 2 new habits. By Thursday, I have to really be careful that I don’t slip up and end up breaking any kind of streak I may have had. A good example, today, I simply FORGOT to do the Kettlebell swings. If you read an earlier post, I’m doing a minimum of 100 KB Swings in the morning within about 20 minutes of getting up. I have 30G’s of protein, then I do the swings. This morning, I forgot. Just didn’t remember, until I was in the car on the way to work.
Whoops… so I gotta get that in check.
The Thursday brain lull also affects ‘oddly enough’ my nutrition. Sunday, I’m totally ready for Slow Carb after a Cheat Day. It’s not even funny. I’m actually going to taper off my Cheat Day’s cause I’m in that place where I don’t need as deep a break as I needed in the past. Really, my only favorite thing to do on Cheat Day right now is Breakfast Burritos and Donuts in the morning. The rest I could just go back to eating normally. That being said (minor blog tangent) here’s my mental process through the week:
- Sunday: “I’m stoked to be back to Slow Carb, Putting my life on track, gonna lose that 100 pounds!”
- Monday: “Totally Committed, yesterday was Great! Feeling Good!”
- Tuesday: “Yesterday was good! Let’s make this three days in row! Oh, a billboard for Carl’s Jr. I like Cheese burgers. I really do.”
- Wednesday: – “Uh Oh, Someone brought Muffins into work, Why do they hate me! Can’t they see what’s happening to me! Must Muscle Through!”
- Thursday: “It’s okay if I eat hamburger right? No one will know, right? Why am I such a terrible Failure? I hate ME!”
- Friday: “Hang on, Mick! White Knuckle this Son of a Bitch! You can do it! THIS IS SPARTA!”
- Saturday: “Sweet Holy, Geeze! Cheat Day Release, NOM NOM NOM!” which shortly transitions to! “Oh, God, Kill me, I feel like crap, never again God, Never Again!”
This is kind of how it goes. So, I’m writing this POST, because by Thursday, I’m at a little bit of a crossroads, so I HAVE to make sure I make a solid Lunch and Dinner Choice. As I’ve realized, right now, I’m re-training my habits. If I can string together three positive weeks, I can string together, three positive months, then six, then a whole year, and by my MATH, losing the weight I want to lose (which is only 88 lbs at this point) is feasible. HARD, yes, but Feasible.